How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
When outfitted with the proper equipment, the light-duty 2019 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing*. Better yet, the new RAM 1500 is built to impress for 2019, improving on the great capabilities of the 2018 model.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
If you spend your weekdays at different job sites across Hastings, you’ll be glad to know you have a choice of three engines on the 2019 RAM 1500, giving you the ability to choose exactly what you need for success on the job. Take a look at each engine’s specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: This base engine generates 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: Dominate Kearney roads with 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: The HEMI® V8 with eTorque produces the same hp and torque as the engine above, but your towing power gets a significant boost, coming in at the max 12,750 pounds.
Depending on which trim level you opt for, your payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds. The standard transmission for each engine is a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® automatic 8-speed.
Towing Is Simple with Intuitive Features
Powerful towing from your RAM 1500 is a joint effort. While the powerful engines are vital to getting the job done, this light-duty pickup also relies on these class-leading features to help you tow through Aurora easily:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The TorqueFlite® transmission marries with the eTorque mild hybrid system to allow your RAM to earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: With 14.9-inch brakes, stopping on a dime in Saint Paul is a cinch.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Watching your blind spot can be difficult when you’re accounting for a trailer, but this system makes it easy, monitoring your blind spots for you while taking your trailer into consideration.
Explore the RAM 1500 at Anderson CDJR of Grand Island!
The best way to experience the RAM 1500 is to get behind the wheel, where you can check out its well-appointed interior while putting its impeccable engine power to the test. Schedule a test drive in Grand Island today! If you have any questions beforehand, feel free to contact us, and be sure to browse our new vehicle specials.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More from Anderson CDJR of Grand Island
When outfitted with the proper equipment, the light-duty 2019 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing*. Better yet, the new RAM 1500 is built to impress for 2019, improving on the great capabilities of the 2018 model. RAM 1500 OverviewNew RAM 1500 for Sale RAM 1500 Engines…
The Ram 1500 Tows Large Loads and Handles Roads with Ease When it comes to the Ram 1500, this pick-up truck is every working person’s dream. But don’t be led to think that this version is meant strictly for work and no fun. Once you obtain a Ram 1500 from Gregg Young Grand Island,…